Base Marketing Internship
If you're interested in applying for the Base Marketing Internship, please familiarize yourself with the position by reading the following, then submit an online application by Jan. 31, 2018.
The Base Marketing Intern will work directly with Co-Director Dayna Hanson to boost visibility of Base programs, events and activities. Responsibilities include managing social media channels, helping generate and distribute publicity materials and more.
Seattle’s newest nonprofit art space, Base exists to elevate risk and invention in dance, performance and multidisciplinary art. Located in West Georgetown, Seattle, Base offers artist residencies, low-cost space rental and other programs aimed at helping artists realize projects and deepen practices.
5-10 hours weekly for a minimum three-month commitment
This is an unpaid internship; however, the Intern will receive discounted rehearsal space and free admission to all Base events. Academic credit is available.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Possess a laptop with Microsoft Word
- Ability to work in both self-directed and collaborative modes
- Familiarity with Seattle’s dance and performance community
- Basic video editing skills a plus
- Basic Photoshop skills a plus
- Help manage social media accounts
- Help generate promotional materials
- Assist in distribution (digital and physical) of promotional materials
- Submit event content to online calendars
- Help maintain/update website
- Archive video, press articles + promotional material
- Assist Base staff with special marketing projects as necessary
If you're interested in applying for the Base Marketing Internship, please submit your application by Jan. 31, 2018.