12 Minutes Max @ Base
After a three-year hiatus, the celebrated performance exhibition is back in a partnership between Base and On the Boards. An informal showcase of contemporary and experimental performance works in dance, theater, music and multimedia, 12 Minutes Max @ Base provides a platform for artists to showcase 12 minutes of material supported by limited technical elements. Performances are curated by different members of the arts community three times a year. After reading through these guidelines, we invite you to complete an audition application.
All auditions and performances will be held at Base. Auditions for the Dec. 5 - 6, 2017 edition of 12 Minutes Max will take place Oct. 23. Deadline for audition applications is 11:59pm, Oct. 13, 2017. Auditions for the Feb. 18 - 19, 2018 edition will take place Jan. 14; auditions for the May 20 - 21, 2018 edition will take place Apr. 22.
- Performances can be no longer than 12 minutes.
- Performances must require minimal technical support.
- Performers are not paid.
- Performance is videotaped and primary performer receives one digital copy. Additional copies are available for $15 each.
- Please keep tech simple and minimal. There is little time in between pieces to strike/set
- Live animals, open flame, cigarettes or greasepaint make up are not allowed.
- The performance area measures approximately 30' x 35'.
- A basic light plot and sound system are available.
- Microphones may be arranged upon request.
- ALL performers must be available for a day-of-show tech, rehearsal, and run-through prior to the performance and should be prepared to assist as stage crew during the show.
Two curators select works by audition. The slate of curators rotate so that each production of 12mm is curated by a different panel. We look for words from a variety of art disciplines. Tips for your audition:
- Bring a device that can be connected to an aux cord if you need sound.
- If bringing equipment that requires power, please provide your own extension cord.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your audition appointment.
- Audition appointments are scheduled in 15 minutes slots and must include set up, performance and strike, as well as any questions curators may have about your piece.
- Audition notification will be via email a week of the audition.